Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Marked as to read- Dark Miracle by Ashlynn Monroe

Ashlynn Monroe is one of the most amazing erotic and romantic writers I have ever come across.  I recently had the privelege of reading her short, erotic story called Dark Miracle.  In it, a vampire named Orion tries desperately hard to save one of his employees that he secretly loves from a horrible illness.

Dark Miracle is nothing like any of the stories that I have ever read.  It may be a short story, but her amazing use of description and dialogue suck you right in.  She gives you plenty of character background, while keeping your attention (and trust me, she kept my attention.).  I really felt for Orion and Jessalyn's characters, and wanted to reach out and help them myself, but as a reader, obviously that was impossible.

My only "complaint," which is not really a complaint, is that it ends on a cliff hanger.  I was sad when it ended, and found myself wanting to know what happens next to Jessalyn and Orion.  Ashlynn is definitely a talented writer, and it takes a skilled author to be able to write erotica.

My warning is this; it is not for the feint hearted, and if you do not enjoy reading stories with hot, hot sex, you probably won't like it, and it is not suitable for children under the age of 18.  I, however, personally enjoyed it and give it a FIVE STAR RATING!

To read an excerpt from her story, you can read it on her website at: http://www.ashlynnmonroe.com/excerptsandfreereads.htm

To purchase a copy of Dark Miracle, you can buy it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Beth Ann, I'm touched and humbled by your wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only speak the truth Ashlynn! It really was a great read and am honored you let me read it and review it! I hope to read more of your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta stop reading. Just the couple excerpts or free reads from the posted site make me want to sit and read all day. What great writing!

    ReplyDelete