Sunday, January 30, 2011

Owning & legalizing your pen name

So, I was asked "how do you go about with legalizing your pen name?"  I feel really bad for taking so long for responding to the question, but life has been busy this last week.  Anyway, I had the chance to speak to a few authors that I knew who used pen names, and I was told this; there is really no way to legalize or copy write your pen name.  I was however, told that you should google the name that you want to use, and make sure that no one else is using it.  The last thing you want is to take someone else's name, and have a whole big legal issue on your hands!  Once you are absolutely certain that the name you want is available, then go ahead, make it yours!  Start plastering it everywhere. Make a website with your pen name, a facebook page, blog, twitter....etc.

Just make sure you google the name first and make sure that it's available!

No comments:

Post a Comment